The requirements to our members are determined through the Irrigated Lands Regulatory Program (ILRP) which is regulated by the Central Valley Regional Water Resource Control Board for more information about the regional board and the current waste discharge order. For details about all the regulations you review the Sacramento Valley Waste Discharge Order covering Irrigated Lands.
IRRIGATION NITROGEN MANAGEMENT
COMPLETED IN THE ONLINE MEMBERSHIP DATABASE
ALL members are required to submit an Irrigation Nitrogen Management Summary Report. This report is a summary of the 2022 crop year. This is submitted via the Online Membership Database.
IRRIGATION NITROGEN MANAGEMENT PLAN (INMP)
KEEP ON SITE
ALL members must complete a INMP annually, this is to be kept on site. The INMP should be started before nitrogen applications, and completed after harvest. If a parcel is within a High Vulnerability Area (HVA) the NMP must be certified, see the information below about who can certify for an INMP or to take the training so you can self-certify. Members can view the High Vulnerability Status of each parcel on the Online Membership Database.
- Fertilization Guidelines for CA crops http://apps.cdfa.ca.gov/frep/docs/guidelines.html
Go here for: application rates, fertilizer placement, fertilizer type, deficiencies,
- UC Cooperative Extension Irrigation Management http://ucanr.edu/sites/irrmgm/
Go here for: Introduction to irrigation management
- Waterright http://www.waterright.org/
Go here for: Irrigation scheduling Information
- IPNI Crop Nutrient Calculator https://www.ipni.net/app/calculator/home
Go here for: N, P, K harvest removal estimates of field crops, multilingual crop
Go here for: N, P, K harvest removal estimates of field crops
Sediment and Erosion Control Plan (SECP)
KEEP ON SITE
Check the Online Membership Database to determine if one or more of your parcels require a certified SECP. SECP's are updated when there is a change in farming practices.
1. SECP self-certification can be achieved through an online training course available once a year. The online training course will be available February 1-28, 2023. Course information
2. Alternatively, you can hire a 3rd party to create an SECP, at your expense.